Sunday, December 9, 2007

A simple gift idea






This year I have made glass etched vases for Christmas. Each vase has the initial of the family who will be receiving one.


I purchased a vase from Hobby Lobby for about $2.00 (they were on sale) and I bought a roll of clear adhesive laminate paper. I printed off the letter from my computer to use as a template. I cut the letter out onto the laminate with a hobby blade (you will use the negative piece of laminate not the actual letter) I put the laminate onto the glass vase and brushed the glass etching liquid over the image. Five minutes is all it takes! I haven't decided what I will put in it, so far the choices are: chocolate or a candle.

1 comment:

Janette said...

NEENZ! I love what you have done with your blog. (it is so cute) I love your creativity, you have way too much maybe you should give me some of yours JK No I have some flowing I think.......i am so excited to start our new Year goal. I am getting ideas. Thanks to the internet for inspiration. This is good. Anyway The Bosman says Hi