Saturday, March 20, 2010

More Sewing

**Added link to Martha**

Emily and I got together this week to make Towel Totes. We pulled the tutorial from Martha Stewart's website. My idea was to make an adult size tote, and she was going to make a child size tote.

What we discovered was that the instructions for the child tote seemed more complicated than the adult tote. So, we made a "hybrid" of both.

Here's my *almost* finished product:

The outside (with handles)












The front pocket, for swim goggles, etc.









The inside towel.









The towel is actually attached to the tote so that all you have to do is fold it in and go!
Oh, and once it's being used as a towel, the pocket can be stuffed with clothes to make a pillow.

I love Martha, but my brain cannot grasp her tutorial style. Please tell me I'm not the only one.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

It turned out SO amazing Janeen!! I think I may need to make a few more...including a cute one like yours for myself!:)

can't wait to craft again!

Janette said...

Oh how I wish I could craft with you and Em. Love it! I def need to make one of these before the beach trip.

Rachelle@atticgals.blogspot.com said...

That is so fun! I'll have to track that pattern down. Great job! Cute fabric!

Grammy Ludwig said...

THAT IS SO CUTE!!! I LOVE IT! I WAS TRYING TO LEARN TO TUNISIAN CROCHET AND THE WAY IT WAS WRITTEN WAS WELL... LESS THAN IT SHOULD HAVE BEEN. SO, I GOOGLED IT AND WATCHED A VIDEO, IT IS FUN... I LOVE COMPUTERS!!!
LOVE YOU HONEY,