Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Catch-Up


(picture courtesy of my Sis's blog)


As many of you know, our "Pa" (Grandpa) passed away almost two weeks ago. He was a fireman for over 30 years and was such a funny and generous man. I *know* without a doubt that he is watching out for us.

The morning I got the call I was in Las Vegas with my sister. Our husbands had gone to California to ocean fish. I awoke with flu-like symptoms and had kicked my Nephew out of his bathroom as I cried and hovered over the porcelain. I crawled back in bed and slept for a few hours. When I woke up, I felt ready to take the six hour drive home with my Sister, her two kids, and Ruby the dog.

On our way out of Cedar City we had a tire blow out. Thankfully, this was not my Sister's first tire blow out and she handled it well. Just as we pulled over, we had an unmarked police truck pull up behind us. Out came SLC Sheriff Jim Winder and his crew (officer Cooke, and another officer) They had our tire fixed in no time flat (no pun intended). They asked us where we were headed and we told them we were going home to be with family.

I was so grateful they had come to our rescue.
Re-Elect Sheriff Jim Winder!!

(And before you even think it--No, I'm not pregnant!)

1 comment:

Janette said...

what a great post. Miss him so much! definatley cant forget about that memory and the feeling of gratitude and a certainty that people watch over us on the other side. But that is something special that we were able to feel and no one else. It was a crazy week and hard to see him go. I am so glad I could be surrounded with family and I miss you guys. hope to visit soon.
ha ha! you are too funny with the p.s. because you know that people could assume that.. lol!