Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Remembering Bob

Today marks two years since Bob passed away. Sometimes it seems longer, and sometimes it feels like just yesterday. The weather today is exactly how I remember it--not a cloud in the sky, a wonderful summer scent, and sunny--just like his personality.

I still have his name and phone number programmed into my cell phone, and when you call you will hear "Don't Worry Be Happy" while you wait for me to answer. It is a constant reminder to myself that life is to be enjoyed. He would have wanted us not to worry...but be happy.

So many memories...
I love you Bob

3 comments:

Janette said...

I can't beleive it. I thought about this date a couple of months ago and didn't at all yesterday. I am glad you posted about it. I do remember that day, Bob, mom, nate and I went boating (waiting for the rest of the clan)the sun was setting into a beautiful sunset and the water was surprisingly warm.

gshaffer said...

I don't follow your blog Janeen, but today I clicked on it through Marlynn's website.

It is strange how you remember the day a person died much more than the day a person was born. I find myself wishing July 29th, 2006 turned out a little different.

I remember Bob, talk to Bob, and look forward to seeing Bob.

Thanks for the post on Robert William Shaffer.

--Gregory Ryan Shaffer

The White Family said...

I have wanted to leave you a comment about this for a long time. So here I go!
I will never forget the phone call that day. Me and Jason and my mom went to the parade of homes. When you said "Hi" I could tell something was wrong. I just didn't think it was going to be about Bob. It was a beautiful day. He was like a Dad to me growing up and was one funny guy!