Thursday, April 2, 2009

Me, Myself and I

So while I have been away from my "blog journal" I have been working on taking care of ME.

Sometimes you don't realize how crazy things are around you until you're in "the thick of it". My life has been like that the last few months but I have also been working on a little ME time.

I have started to go to the gym twice a week--Yoga is SO good for you
I have been making things (crafty things) in the evenings. Usually while catching up on our favorite recorded television shows and baking J a bunch of oatmeal raisin cookies.
I submitted my first painting in an art show (something I have NEVER done before, and if I am rejected, it will be OK)
I try really (really, really) hard to not check my Blackberry every five minutes during the day and on the weekends. I never realized how stressful having this little device can make a person.
Sadly, I had to turn down some interior design work because there was no way I could fit a complete house overhaul with my current schedule. I have a hard time saying no, but it just wasn't going to happen.

I'm feeling good!

4 comments:

Janette said...

Good! I am glad that you are making time for you! I am so proud of you for submitting your painting in an art show (I would love to see it) and I understand how frightening it would be to just submit something. I think that right there is fulfilling a bucket list goal. I would also love to see your crafts and you would be proud of me I went to a jewlery making party and they taught me how to make jewlery (i know now what all those gadgets are used for when you let me borrow your stuff)Anyway, I am also glad you are blogging a little because I love reading your posts. love ya!

Unknown said...

Yay! I love hearing from you! You'll have to post a picture of your painting! How inspiring. Let's see some of these crafts you are working on too! I picture you in that great craft room in the basement, watching a show, having a great time and it brings a smile to my face.

Let's play soon. I'm having Shaffer withdrawl. Seriously.:)

Christy said...

Janeen,

I know what you mean about the CrackBerry--I mean BlackBerry. I have the same problem. I find myself checking my emails in the middle of the night when I let the dog out (do you guys want another dog?).

I bet your painting is absolutely wonderful. Post a picture of it when you get a chance.

Keechler said...

Good for you! Believe it or not, I've been taking some me time too! I'm learning to sew, Quilt, make homemade bread, jelly, and I'm in a book club. I should propbaly try to fit in some yoga, or some type of exercise. good luck in the art show. Take care, Love, Shirley